.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oct. 27, 2010

This morning you were helping me bake so much!  First we made blueberry muffins and then after breakfast we made banana bread!  When I was going to get the things ready for the bread you insisted that you get the "ladder" (the kitchen stool) out again so you could help me.  I told you that it would be a few minutes because I had to wash the bowl first.  You said, "Okay.  Say, Emily, it's time for make bananas!"  After that you ran to the playroom to play during the waiting period. 

While I was still at the sink washing dishes you came back out and climbed up on the stool next to me.  I remarked about how I hadn't seen the lawn guys this morning (but I could see that they had been there to mow) and I asked you if you had seen them.  First you answered yes and then in the next breath you said, "I promise, I saw them."  I clarified (making sure I heard you correctly), "you promise you saw them?"  Your answer... "I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment