.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nov. 6, 2010

Tonight as I was getting you ready for bed you kept accidentally kicking (bumping with your feet) my stomach. At the end of the day that doesn't feel especially great so I told you to stop kicking my tummy. When I picked you up and held you I was explaining that it hurts and that I have something special in my tummy. I asked you if you knew what was in Mama's tummy and you answered, "a baby." I questioned, "you think a baby is in Mama's tummy?" After you said yes you started quietly fake crying and said, "the baby's crying... I heard the baby crying in Mama's tummy." I neither confirmed or denied this but hugged you nice and tight. It will be interesting to see if you talk about this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment