Lately, you have been learning a lot about the consequences of not making good choices. I haven't been telling you "if you don't _____ then you will lose _____" OR "you won't get _____." Instead, I have been telling you, after the fact, that "you lost the privilege for ______ when you chose not to listen to me earlier when I asked you to ______." I want you to know that the choices you make have a big impact and that even if I don't spell out exactly what the consequence is at the time, there is always a negative consequence. You should be making good choices always.
So, with that said...
This evening I was making dinner and you were singing with your Madonna CD (you are obsessed with the Madonna songs from the Super Bowl halftime show) when you asked to watch a show. I told you no, that you couldn't watch a show and after asking several more times you said to me...
"If you don't turn on a show then I am not going to sing anymore. You are going to lose a pribulege. Pribulege of me singing Madonna. Now I can't sing anymore because you didn't listen to me to turn on a show."
Jack does this ALL the time. I am thinking that our veiled threats are coming back to haunt us.
ReplyDelete