.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sept. 20, 2011

This isn't so much about what you said but more about a milestone... you went to bed tonight without your binky for the first time EVER. Recently you haven't had it in your mouth, but have held it in your hand instead. Then, tonight, you and Daddy couldn't find it when it was bedtime and without a fit, without a tear, you said to Daddy, "can we find it tomorrow?" And then you went to bed. Wow. Maybe you are getting ready to have it gone for good?

*I found your binky after you went to sleep and put it on your nightstand. I wonder what you will say tomorrow.

**Update: the next morning the first thing you said to me was, "did you look for my binky in Everett's room?" (I had guessed that you left it in there because it was the first place we went when you woke up from nap. It is, in fact, where I found it.)

1 comment: