.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25, 2012

You want to watch a show and I said you couldn't.  Then I told you that you were a monkey brain and you said, "I'm not.  What's a monkey brain?"

So, I told you to put your hands up like you are tickling your armpits.  (You asked if this is what you had to do to watch a show and I did't answer.)  It took you a few seconds to bend your arms the right way (you were putting your fingertips on your shoulders).  Then I asked you to say, "ooh ooh aah aah."  You did it and I said, "see!  I told you - you are a monkey brain!"

You laughed a little and said, "no."  Then you told me to do it again.  This time when I asked you to put your fingers down in your armpits, you put your fingertips up on your shoulders and just looked at me.  Next, you asked me to tell you what to say.  I did just that but instead of saying "ooh ooh aah aah" you said, "I like to talk!"

Then you said, "see, I'm not a monkey brain!  I get to watch a show!"

You make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment