.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16, 2014

You just told me (when I was putting you to bed) that I am the best mama you could ever have.  I thanked you, told you I love you, and that you are the best girl I could ever have.  Then I told you that sometimes I wonder if I am doing a good job because you yell and scream at me.  You looked confused.  I said that it seems like I am teaching you to yell and scream and I don't want that.  You told me, "you aren't teaching me that, Mama.  It's just that sometimes you make me VERY VERY angry and I am so mad I throw a fit.  I just can't handle it and I have to yell.  It's not that you are learning me, I mean teaching me."  You then went on to assure me that you would not yell so much if I did stuff to make you (and Everett too) happy and not so angry.

Also, in our conversation you told me about how you got in just a little bit of trouble at school for not controlling your volume.  After you told me the story (singing/yelling a song on the swings with Ky and teacher told y'all that you didn't need to sing so loudly), I thanked you for telling me and told you that you should control your volume at school and not get in trouble.  You told me that it's okay if you get in trouble because you are just a little kid and you have to learn how to do different things and then when you get bigger you will know how to make good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment