.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Friday, October 19, 2012

October 19, 2012

I just moved the bird cage away from you at the table because you were tormenting poor Benji during lunch.  (We are taking care of the class bird for the weekend.)  You were very upset that I moved the cage away and started wailing.  While wailing you started saying, "Dada.  I want my Dada."  I replied that I was in agreement - it would be nice if he was home.  You continued wailing, this time saying, "I want to call my Dada!  I want to call my Dada!"  You had said it about 10 times and I hadn't responded so you stopped crying and in a totally normal voice said, "do you hear me saying something?"  Then, without missing a beat, you resumed wailing, "I want my Dada!"

While typing this, you came into my room to notify me that you had moved to the bar because you just weren't comfortable in your chair at the table.  You also noted that it was a very nice change because now you could see Benji up close - the bar is where I placed the cage during relocation.

I guess I have to go break your heart again.  I predict wailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment