.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nov. 6, 2011

It has become a nightly ritual that we rub your tummy, back, arms, and legs. I am happy to do it because I know how much I would LOVE it if I had the same treatment. Tonight when I went in to say good night to you, Daddy was still in there and rubbing your back and tummy...

Emily: Daddy, can Mama have a turn rubbing my tummy and back?
Daddy: Sure
Emily: (scooting over very close to me on the bed) Here you go, Mama! Daddy is letting you have a turn.
Mama: Thank you, Daddy.
Emily: Daddy, Mama said thank you.
Daddy: You're welcome.
Emily: If you want a turn again, Daddy, you just have to ask Mama.
(time passes)
Emily: (stretching your arm out to Daddy) Here is something for you to rub, Daddy.

Oh, to be a queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment