.

                   This blog is to track the things Emily says that I find notable
                       - they may be funny, sweet, surprising, etc.
                   Mostly, they are things I want to remember and let her read when she is older.          

Monday, August 23, 2010

Aug 23, 2010

Today you found your sunglasses and wanted to wear them out to run errands.  When you walked into the garage I had already opened the big door and you could see the sunshine and sky and you said, "what a beautiful day!"

Then on the way to the store you told me, "mountains, wook Mama, mountains!"  I acknowledged the mountains and asked if you liked them to which you replied, "I climb up them."  I asked, "you want to climb up the mountains?" and you said, "yes, I find Papa's birdies."  (I guess that means you remember the first time you were introduced to mountains in Big Bend and we went on a hike during which Papa was looking for birds.)

Tonight I asked you what your favorite color is and you excitedly said, "polka dots!"  Daddy and I laughed.  You had said green earlier so I clarified (saying polka dots isn't a color, etc.) and said, "you told me your favorite color is green - is your favorite color green?"  You said, "yes, you're right."

No comments:

Post a Comment